Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My thoughts on Palin's views

I read this blog about Sarah Palin during the 2008 election. I was a little taken back by her stance on things. It appears that Eve Ensler wrote this dated September 08, 2008 titled Drill, Drill, Drill. I really never was one for politics and often find myself keeping quiet when the discussions arise. Those discussions never end well when you have two disagreeing parties involved. I do have my own opinions about things but I find myself learning more about the things involved by just sitting back and listening. I thought that it was great that a woman was running for vice-presidency and that we’ve come a long way for women’s rights. When I first heard of her, I had the impression that she was down to earth and not uptight but then my views changed. I heard that she doesn’t believe in global warming. There were also things like animals were put here for us to hunt so she wanted to take the polar bears off the endangered species list and so on. Then this blog came to light about her stance on the woman’s right to choose. I talks about how she doesn’t believe in sex education or birth control. She doesn’t think that a woman who is a victim of rape or incest should have the ability to decide whether to have her attacker’s child. Although this is Mrs. Palin’s thoughts on abortion, I think it’s an insane way of thinking. I believe that you need to at least educate and allow birth control options for the woman. It is her body and you take away her identity in telling her that not only has she been stripped of her dignity by being raped but now she has been stripped of her rights to abort an unwanted child of an attack. I believe we have come a long way to backtrack. I realize that some of these statements are that of a blogger and may or may not be credible but there are similar statements made in the media form various other sources.

Links: http://sadbastards.wordpress.com/2008/08/25/mccain-should-pick-sarah-palin-governor-of-alaska-for-vp/?referer=sphere_related_content/

No comments: